Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 07:15:39 -0500
I support the recording rule.  Once set up - its no issue.  And my total
investment is under $100.  It actually is also interesting to hear my
performance from a learning and feedback perspective.

I believe that the ability to detect cheating is based on the "collective
intelligence of the data".

Low Power or QRP - Sure you can get a few stations to come right back to you
even when their S5 - S7 on the meter.  But If 10 out of 10 respond first
call and are S5 - S7 - then you are not running low power and for sure not
running QRP.  Take it from someone using 4/4 stacks in a great location that
knows a thing or 2 about low power.  I don't think anyway can teach KR2Q
anything about similar expectations with QRP.

Panadapters vs Skimming - Sure you can click on panadapters but every one
won't be a mult as you do it.  Many will be dupes on Sunday.  Its pretty
easy to tell the difference.  And if you didn't hear the bandmap being self
populated, then something is amiss if there is a high mult rich content that
isn't the first opening of the contest on a band and that is heavily mult
rich.

Nothing is perfect.  But the recording is VERY hard to get around for a full
48 hours cheating.

Ed  N1UR