Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 2016 SSB logs now public

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 2016 SSB logs now public
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 14:26:22 -0700
I find it interesting how a few non- or barely active contesters, like K0HB, always stir up such a ruckus with a contrarian view.

Barry W2UP

On 1/7/2017 13:46, John Dorr wrote:
  Hi Steve,

http://cqww.com/blog/ut5ugr-log-padding-in-cq-ww/

Speaking purely as a private citizen, I can assure you that no log checking
group has achieved perfection. All log checkers can benefit from an outside
set of eyes to: 1) vet checking errors and 2) identify bad actors that
remain undetected. We got real lucky in the case of UGR, whose years of
cheating would have gone without penalty had it not been for the
availability of open logs.

Keep this in perspective guys; you're not being asked to post your tax
returns or brokerage statements.

73, John, K1AR