Re: [CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham
From: Marv Bloomquist <n5aw@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:12:16 -0600
While the comparison to online gaming is interesting I think a more
accurate comparison would be to athletics which is certainly attractive to
many young people. Long hours of practice lead up to a few hours of
competition. The rules of the game don't change much over time but the
competitor's techniques do. I don't think we can ever make radio sport as
we know it competitive with online gaming so what can we do to make it more
like athletic events?

Marv N5AW