Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Rules

To: "'John E Bastin'" <jbastin@sssnet.com>, "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Rules
From: "Peter Chamalian" <w1rm@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 10:45:55 -0400
The rule, as we changed it simply said once you made a contact on a band/mode
you could not qsy to another band/mode for 10 minutes.  That rule has been
changed so now all form and manner of band switching can occur.  Mechanical
devices/lockouts are one thing but two ops looking at each other and giving
hand signals is another.

The rule should be uncomplicated and revert back to the original as was done by
CAC years ago.  If 10 minutes on a band is too long, make it 5.

Pete, W1RM