Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:41:09 -0500
To be sure, I do agree with Ed and Ron to a point: I can certainly see how
realtime scoring could be assistance.

What I have been trying to say is that, just like the rules makers did with
Skimmer, just like the rules makers did when 2m spotting nets were born, just
like they did when a certain formerly Communist country’s hams decided that
since the state owned everything, an M/M station could be spread across the
nation, and so on, the rules have to be clear, and amended if needed. If you
want a specific activity banned or relegated to a category, the rules MUST say
so. We can only go by what the rules say, and by how the sponsor, when asked,
explains the rules.

Our opinions don’t carry the day: only the contest organizers’ do.

New technology will continue to be added to our hobby. It doesn’t always follow
that the rules as written today will always account for every new piece of kit
that comes along.

73, kelly, ve4xt,