Re: [CQ-Contest] HF Triplexers or 5 plexers?

To: W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] HF Triplexers or 5 plexers?
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 16:48:12 -0700
The triplexes is just one part of this solution. You also need the band pass
filters to protect the receiver(s). I had a discussion with the original
developer of the triplexes (Gordon, don't remember his call, check the QST
article). He indicated that there should be no problem with expanding it to
additional bands, but the big trick would be to come up with band pass filters
for those bands. He originally created the Triplexer for Field Day operations
for WVARA here in Silicon Valley (we use K6EI as the call), and two of them,
with band pass filters, have worked quite well for us for many years.

You might want to look up the QST article and see if you might home brew one of
these things, They are not very complex at all.

Jack B, W6FB

Sent from my iPad