Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 17:31:12 -0500
Guys, these are all great ideas for a NEW CONTEST or one that is struggling
to find growth.  CQ WW is the biggest and fastest growing contest already.
Not sure if anyone ever said to you - but you don't mess with success -
remember New Coke? - exactly.

Either create a contest that we can all have fun with or pick one to change
that isn't growing much if at all - like Sweepstakes for example.  That
would be a great one to add distance based scoring to - to help the W1 folks
be competitive.  Or Russian DX - that's hardly as volumous and active as CQ
WW.

ZL is already a double mult for me on most bands. And I already turn the
beam numerous times to work you.  The only way I would turn it more is if I
could run VK and ZL, but sadly, there is never enough activity to do so.

The issue is not changing CQ WW. The issue is improving a less successful
contest into something that would be more successful with all of these great
ideas.  And/or realizing (just like we do in W1 for NAQP/SS/ARRL 10 etc)
that in some cases you can win and in some cases you compete in your
region.and be happy with both.

Ed  N1UR