Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:38:52 -0400
Hi Brian - this is entirely up to each operator. For example, N1MM Logger has a Packet Spot Timeout setting. For use with the RBN, we usually recommend a setting of no more than 10-12 minutes, because if a station continues CQing on a frequency CW Skimmer will re-spot it at roughly that interval. That also helps busted spots to go away quickly, of course.

Often, too, you will see both the busted spot and the real one on the same frequency on your bandmap if more than one RBN Skimmer copied the station.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.