Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 10:22:04 -0600
Why the resistance for the idea at all?

*If* a 24 hour category is added my vote would be to operate any 24 hours with either 30 or 60 min off times. SS you can pick and choose when you operate with 30 minute off times. The longer off time of 60 minutes would add some more strategy.

I could see at least one issue where an assisted op might see a spot for a juicy double mult and work that station and then the 30 minute off timer again. Or the unassisted op just happens to turn on the radio and finds this juicy mult and then begins another off period.

Listening time counts as operating time right?........Has this rule has ever been enforced?

Operating periods should be at least 30 or 60 minutes long as well. Once you get on and make a contact or start listening then you are there for 30 to 60 minutes.

Mike W0MU