Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Cheating in ARRL using the cluster

To: "KU7Y" <ku7y@qsl.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Cheating in ARRL using the cluster
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:49:55 -0500
I just checked my RBN spots and noticed the same thing. I only tried running once with not takers, all the rest was S&P but was spotted when calling other stations.

From that and other comments, it seems we should be careful before calling
someone a name based on a cluster or RBN observation.

It's obvious that stations calling other stations are sometimes spotted, busted calls are spotted, and even stations that were not even on were spotted.

What that means is if a rare call pops up on a frequency someone is already using, they either have to leave or risk being publically insulted. :-)