[CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: Non-Assisted vs. Assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: Non-Assisted vs. Assisted
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:25:20 -0800
lest talk about cheating for a minute. cheating as this reflector is
saying, is a negative thing (breaking the law, hurting someone) somewhere
in philosophy/ethics there is a statement that people always do good
which is an action, where evil is the absence of good, or something like
that. (been a long time since the Jesuits at Seattle univ).

even bank robbers have to right their actions in their own minds (only
the insurance company will pay, banks are crooked, i hate the tellers in
this bank, i need the money because no one will give me a job)

now what makes a contest cheater cheat? he has to somehow right in his
own mind that he is doing a good thing; he is somehow justified.

just who does look at the contest articles in CQ/QST??  maybe only the
cheaters...who else cares? the postman sees another brown 8x11 envelope
along with the other junk mail?

self justification of one's actions is a powerful mind function

maybe we can get somewhere on the Internet a large confessional, so that
all cheaters can go and get their cheating confessed.

but no one would go, because cheaters usually recognize their cheating

mike w7dra