[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2014 Selection Criteria

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2014 Selection Criteria
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:45:44 +0000 (GMT)
Maybe it is time to consider the following suggestions:

1. Selection qualification runs - have Continental CRTC a year before the WRTC.
Continental Top scorers in CRTC will go on to the next  WRTC.
No need for complicated selection criteria and bunch of unrelated contests.
Great opportunity to practice and select under the same rules.

2. Consider different contest instead of IARU. Tesla Cup has the most
"equalizing' rules and would be more suitable.
Problem with IARU is the HQ kilowats dominating the bands making it tough for
WRTC and other low power stations to operate on more equal footing.

3. Introduce Single OP category. Just (wo)man and his 50 lbs (or whatever
airline baggage limit is) station. Incentive to design and operate best per lb
station. Whatever you can cram into the package plus provided 1000W generator.

4. We can offer our 165 acre resort to host the event. Mansion, banquet halls,
motels, sports fields, lake, camping, parking, etc. www.MVresort.com

HW???

Yuri   K3BU.us