Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network - too much success?

To: Neal Campbell <nealk3nc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network - too much success?
From: Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:12:31 -0300
Ahem,

As webmaster of a webcluster site(www.dxwatch.com), I take my word.

In my webcluster I implemented a simple user/password scheme that is in fact
much more secure than the vast majority of telnet clusters worldwide.

A couple of years ago, I raised a topic here on cq-contest about the security
of
  dxclusters: how easy it is to fake spots, abuse etc, as you can see on every
K1TTT reports. Unfortunately or not, the topic died quickly.

I would dare to say that more than 95% of dxcluster accesses come from
internet,
so, why not to have user/passwords? There are a couple of "open id" systems
around. We could develop our own, or maybe elect an existing one. That would
not
be that hard to implement.

73,

Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB
PR1T team member /// Rio DX Group member /// Araucaria DX Group member
http://www.dxwatch.com /// http://reversebeacon.net ///
http://riodxgroup.dxwatch.com