Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale

To: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:49:54 +0000 (GMT)
> "I am still not convinced there is a logical, rational reason
> why you cannot self spot in the assisted category during a
> contest. And as another group member pointed out, self-spotting
> brings the wrath from some network users even during non-
> contesting times."
>
> 73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Like fishing in the aquarium?
Because.... if you are running Marathon, you do not want clowns on bicycles,
Harleys, Ferraris to "show" you how it's done.

Again, I can just picture some 6000 stations spotting themselves.
The Ham Radio contesting supposed to be you, your radio station, category, time
limit and see what you can do when the bell rings at the end.
Looks like we chose to swim if it is swimming event and not to run.

Yuri, K3BU.us
K3BU MountainView BBQ this Saturday www.MVmanor.com