Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:29:10 -0700
Soliciting QSOs has to be done "by amateur means" (thus eliminating
solicitation via the Internet) and on the bands allowed for the contest (which
for HF contests, eliminates solicitation on VHF/UHF bands).  Remember that
we're talking about soliciting QSOs, not exchanging information (spotting)
about the contest.  So like the VHF cluster or Internet spotting network, a 2
meter FM voice net is fine, as long as you don't ask guys to "come down and
work me on 75 meters" or ask if anybody has heard such-and-such section, etc
etc etc.

73, Ward N0AX