Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS

To: "Tom Haavisto" <kamham69@gmail.com>, "cq contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:49:38 -0500

> Its not so cut and dry as it may seem.  My assumption is that
> participants from each country should know their band allocations, and
> stay within them.  What happens if a U.S. general class holder wanders
> down into the extra class part of the band?  How am I to know what
> class of licence he holds?  In these examples, we are using U.S.
> stations, but on a broader scale, how do I know what allocations
> various countries have for their respective licence classes, and how
> do I know they are within their respective allocation?

Tom,

Each station is responsible for keeping their own operation completely
legal, and we have to assume that the other stations we work are doing the
same thing.

Further, we must assume that the contest sponsors are capably examining our
logs and penalizing or DQ'ing transgressors.

Most of us are sick to the point of nausea of the jeremiads from
self-appointed Kontest Kops who have no standing beyond that of "Fellow
Radiosport Participant".

73, de Hans, K0HB/W7