Re: [CQ-Contest] I've heard it all now!

To: <vk7gn@bigpond.com>, <n2ic@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] I've heard it all now!
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:55:38 -0700
another thought, this problem never was noticed in all the years that 3.700 and
below was designated sole use for cw. Now, I'm pretty sure that there are
enough OOs and FCC monitoring stations to pick up on a proliferation of 2nd
harmonics, especially during a prime time like a major 160 contest. Hmmm....
food for thought. --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy> From: vk7gn@bigpond.com> To:
n2ic@arrl.net> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:32:52 +1100> CC:
cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] I've heard it all now!> >
It's time we took the fight back. What basis do 25 amateurs have for> claiming
ownership of 3655 or any other frequency for that matter.> > Amateur radio is
not and should not be chanelised (other than beacons> and repeaters). It is
frequency agile. > > Out of the world wide population of hams 25 guys do not
justify their> own frequency - they are bullies simple as that!> > Martin
VK7GN> > -----Original Message-----> From: cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com>
[mailto
 :cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Steve London> Sent: Tuesday,
December 09, 2008 4:52 AM> To: cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: Re:
[CQ-Contest] I've heard it all now!> > Don't laugh so fast...Check this out:> >
http://3655khz.com/shame.html> > 73,> Steve, N2IC> > KI9A@aol.com wrote:> >
Last night, my Dad, AD9P, was on 75 SSB checking out his new Pro3 on> phone, >
> and got into a ragchew with a, umm, pigfarmer ( yeah, not a "real" > >
pigfarmer..), and when he was about to sign with him, he told the guy> he was
going to > > QSY to 160 and make some contest Q's.> > > > The "pigfarmer" then
went off on my Dad about how all of the> contesters were > > QRMing 75 SSB with
their 2nd harmonics..So, my pops proceeded to tell> him > > needs to invest in
a new radio, because his was obviously defective.> > > > I can be struck by
lightning now. I have heard everything...2nd > > harmonics..hehe. Wow.> > > >
73- Chuck KI9A> > **************Make your life easier with all
  your friends, email, and > > favorite sites in one place. Try it now. > >>
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom0>