Re: [CQ-Contest] Reflections on comments about open logs, who's right, w

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reflections on comments about open logs, who's right, who's wrong
From: w5ov@w5ov.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:25:09 -0400 (EDT)

>> Hans,
>>
>> As you know, all the logs from the 2007 CQWW are now posted publicly.
>>
>> Can you (or anyone else) show an example from any one of the CQWW logs
> where
>> you can identify a unique strategy that would help a competitor?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Bob W5OV
>>

> Bob,
>
> This is one of those "you're wrong and I'm right" arguments that can go on
> forever and forever and forever, so I'll just have to introduce the
> mathematical proof.

Hans,

I don't think so.

You are making a claim that by having open logs, one can review those logs
and indentify operating strategies that an operator might not want to
reveal to his competitors.

If your claim is valid, I would think that it should be easy to find at
least one such log that reveals a unique operating strategy from among the
hundreds (thousands?) that are now public from last year's CQWW.

If not, why do you suppose that is?

73,

Bob W5OV