Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting,arranged QSO's and the CQ 160 contest

To: "'Igor Sokolov'" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>,"'Tom Rauch'" <w8ji@contesting.com>, <n2ic@arrl.net>,"'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting,arranged QSO's and the CQ 160 contest
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:56:20 +0200
Thank you Igor for bringing this up. I was not aware of that as I was not
present at my station most of the contest. I got the printout of the chat
from the weekend now and it appears that one of the operators has been
posting there. ES5RY, thinking it is tolerated by the rules, used his own
login and has been communicating there including communications with 4
stations that we have made actual QSO with. There are two multipliers among
those that ES5RY invited to call us - PY and 9H.

Using of chat or any other means besides radio for soliciting QSOs during
the contest is completely unacceptable to me and even if it was just 4 QSOs
we have decided to send our log as CHECK LOG. Even if the rules of this
contest do not prohibit this directly it is clearly unsportsmanlike conduct
and it is sad to hear that this is widely used in some other contests also.

I can assure you that nobody will EVER use any other means than radio to
solicit QSOs in my station again.

I have heard also that many large high scoring Multi Ops from EU were active
in this chat and probably other chats during this weekend and abusing it to
a much greater extent. ES5RY has promised to take the printouts now and show
you who those were, and not only EU. I can't stop him from doing that if he
wants. But I urge the others as well to consider sending CHECK LOG as this
contesting has no future if things like that are happening.

73
Tonno
ES5TV