Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet has ruined Ham Radio

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet has ruined Ham Radio
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:20:06 -0600
> 2.  I'm not sure, but it seems to me that
> the DX stations are not IDing as frequently
> as they did before Packet.

I have not noticed this, operating DX contests since 1972.  How frequently
one should ID has been a topic of debate since well before spots, and I
haven't heard anyone say "now that there's internet spots, I don't identify
as often as I used to because they all know who I am anyway."

DX stations waiting too long between IDs seems like it has always been a
contesting frustration.

73 - Mark, N5OT