[CQ-Contest] Packet has ruined Ham Radio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Packet has ruined Ham Radio
From: <k4zw@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:11:34 -0800
2.  I'm not sure, but it seems to me that the DX stations are not IDing as
frequently as they did before Packet.

   You got that right!  In fact I was going to propose that unassisted stations
be allowed a certain number of "Packet Chips" per contest.  This would allow us
to log onto the packet network "x" number of times during a contest for the
sole purpose of obtaining a station's callsign.  Some stations appear to be
using packet in lieu of signing their call on a reasonable basis.  Of course
I'm not serious but any unassisted op who has experienced the following:

DX Station - K4ZW 599 XX
K4ZW - 599 5
DX Station - TU

for 3 - 10 straight QSO's while the multitudes call, know exactly what I mean.

Happy Holidays!
Ken K4ZW