Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Support by ARRL Officials & Officers

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Support by ARRL Officials & Officers
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:04:30 -0500
On Jan 25, 2006, at 5:49 PM, N7MAL wrote:

> Ward this is one of the few times we are in total disagreement:
> Looking at this from a business point of view, never loose site of
> the fact the ARRL is a business, the employees and management need
> to support their employers products. They need not necessarily use
> the product every day of their lives but they do/must need to
> support the products. In this case a minimum amount of support
> would be to at least sign-up/on. Yes it is time consuming and
> frustrating to sign up but at least it would show they support
> LOTW. Selfishly if their was total support by the employees and
> management maybe someone from N. Dakota and Wyoming would upload
> their contest logs and I would have WAS in addition to DXCC via LOTW.

        I dunno, Mal. I know what you are saying, but it would seem that by
following the logic, the officials would have to participate in every
one of the ARRL sponsored activities, lest they aren't supporting
ARRL's mission.

        Of course if that *is* a requirement for the job, - sign me up!!! 8^)

        - 73 de Mike KB3EIA -