Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating Methods or Equipment?

To: w7dra@juno.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating Methods or Equipment?
From: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:02:22 -0700
remember this message? we'll,  i just saw the results of the 2004 OCDX
test:

for USA SOSB 40m
W1RM   16/80/10/800
W7DRA 16/80/10/800

we both probably worked the same guys, and we worked 'em all! now i am
pretty sure W1RM wasn't using a WW II super pro, ARC5 vfo and 300 watts
to a dipole up 50 feet, and i am sure he is a much better operator than i
am (the way i operate that is not hard to do) but it goes to show how
rules and conditions can even the playing field..................

mike w7dra (who is trying to get to hawaii [SOSB 80m] for the 2005 OCDX
contest)