RE: [CQ-Contest] Voice Automation Enhancements and the future

To: "'Eric Hilding'" <dx35@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Voice Automation Enhancements and the future
From: "Mike Clarson" <mclarson@rcc.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:16:40 -0500
Please--don't misunderstand. I am not trying to start a phone vs. CW thing.
Just trying to envision what is coming and where we are going. I am not
anti-progress. I don't miss recopying logs and using those paper dup sheets!

So Eric is developing full voice automation. Fascinating. It seems to be
patterned after automated CW. I could see one having the same buttons for CW
and phone. What then would be the difference between operating a phone
contest vs. a CW contest? Only the ability to copy CW. The same difference
it would be if one participated in a Spanish Language contest. Same
buttons--another language (and I only use Spanish as an example because I am
a native English speaker). Next step is voice recognition/CW recognition. If
the computer does the copying, then there would really be no difference
between a phone or CW (or for that matter, digital mode or digitized
voice)contest. Any thoughts?--Mike, WV2ZOW