RE: [CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 20 Nov 2004 20:40:21 -0600
On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 17:15, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:
> Don't delay them, make real time mean 'real time'.  Heck, with all the

Absolutely.

Really, I don't think it makes much sense to try to keep one's strategy
secret.  It's kinda like treating the subject of the story that just
aired on the NBC Nightly News as a trade secret.  Heck, you just
broadcast that information to the entire country - it's definitely not a
secret anymore!

Likewise with your band strategy.  You're *broadcasting* that strategy
every time you press F1.  (and I can already figure out your strategy by
going to DX Summit after the contest and searching for all spots of
K1TTT.  Your operating habits will become obvious quickly...)

In any case, the strategy that works at K1TTT may well not work at
KC1XX.  Different stations, different operators, different locations.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66