[CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts
From: paul1@wizard.ucs.sfu.ca (Paul Erickson)
Date: Tue Mar 3 20:00:15 1998

> >>While my primary interest is qrp, if conditions are marginal, I will
> >>work them qro (100w) to make sure they are in the log for a new one.
> >>Then if conditions improve, and/or the volume of qso's decreases
> >>I will go for them again signing my call/qrp. Most of the operations
> >>acknowledge this and seem to have no problem with it. Now for some
> >>reason these guys don't seem to like it.
>

> The think that I don't like about signing /QRP is that it
> makes it harder to figure out the callsign - esp. if the
> station calling is weak.  It happened more than once
> during the ARRL CW contest.  In the noise and QSB I hear:
>
> JA3   /QRP   A    /QRP    JA   T  /QRP  /QRP
>
> Now if the staion would just send his callsign - it would be better.
> I never log the /QRP part.

Hi George,

Generally, I agree. I really don't like sending the /qrp, but I don't
know of any better way of indicating that I am not simply going for
an insurance q. I also think that a contest is a bit different
situation, and never sign /qrp there. Also when I send qsl's I will
mark the qrp contacts with the /qrp for the same reason. As long
as the return card has my call correct, that is all I care about.

cheers, Paul