Best Kenwood Rig?

Subject: Best Kenwood Rig?
From: price@cod.nosc.mil (price@cod.nosc.mil)
Date: Wed Feb 16 09:38:02 1994
Kevin--I had a TS-820S for many years, "upgraded" to a TS-430S to get the
WARC bands, and now have a TS-930SAT with all the good filters.   The 930S
is simply awesome.  The combination of the receiver sensitivity, filters,
and "gadgets" on the front panel make it possible to work thru QRM like
I've never imagined.

The Rx in the 430S SUCKS!!  It's fine for a weekend portable rig or mobile,
but good grief--the filters, even the "best" Kenwood ones, are terrible in
shape characteristics both around the center frequency and the skirts away
from it.  Working DX or contests with the 430S is a real challenge.  My
TS-820S with Fox Tango filters had a *much* better receiver than the 430S.

73--Jim, K6ZH