[Amps] 8410

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 8410
From: Albert Crespo via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 10:20:35 +0000
I have an Alpha 8410 that I brought back from the station in Martinique. It
needs a new contol board as it does not turn on. Alpha wants $1600 for the
part.[Amplifier Repair and Restoration - Island Amplifier BEKO RF-KIT
USA](https://islandamplifier.com/amplifier-repair/)
I would like to instead try and replace the MAX 7219 microprocessor on the
board. There are various types of this micoprocesor that are being sold. Anyone
know the exact part?
If all else fails, I would like to find another control board, but not from
Alpha for $100. The or purchase a replacement control , but not from Alpha.
The unit is presently with Island Amplifier in California.