Re: [Amps] Interested in re-purposing a Dentron Clipperton-V - question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Interested in re-purposing a Dentron Clipperton-V - question about possible power power transformer ICAS KVA
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:52:37 -0400

On 3/11/2024 12:12 AM, John Lyles wrote:

I believe they could be used in doubler applications but not sure
what to do with the center tap then.
I would hi-pot test any center tap before repurposing a transformer
for voltage double use.  Many of them were designed for FWB service
and there is minimal insulation between the center tap and core.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV