Re: [Amps] Interested in re-purposing a Dentron Clipperton-V - question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Interested in re-purposing a Dentron Clipperton-V - question about possible power power transformer ICAS KVA
From: wb0gaz via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 21:44:59 +0000 (UTC)
 Follow-up to my original post (trying to assess the utility of the Clipperton
V's power transformer) ---

I found an internal photo of a Dentron Clipperton L amplifier in a youtube
video (URL below.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HViv6rBtTvw

While the transformer appears to be the same overall size (at least comparing
picture of transformer vs. cabinet with with my amplifier's transformer vs.
cabinet width), the schematic of the Clipperton L shows a low- and high-voltage
tap on it's power transformer (and the rectifier/doubler board has eight
electrolytics populated; this amplifier's rectifier/filter board appears to be
the same PCB but only six electrolytics populated.) Also, the "L" has filament
and control voltage windings, but lacks the bias and screen supply windings of
the Clipperton V's transformer.