Re: [Amps] Foster Transformer Company

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Foster Transformer Company
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:18:04 -0800
On 11/10/2023 6:16 AM, Randall, Randy wrote:
Crosley was vertically integrated

In addition to WLW on 700 kHz, WLWT on channel 5, and the massive Voice Of America station mid-way between Cincy and Dayton, they also sold consumer products under that brand name. Growing up in the '40s and '50s, I remember my grandmother having a Crosley table radio.

And we drove 4 hours from WV to watch the Cincinnati Reds played at Crosley Field. From a history of the ballpark on the internet, I learned that Powel Crosley, "who earned his wealth in the radio and automobile industries, bought the Reds in 1934."

73, Jim K9YC