Re: [Amps] LK550 ALO/Meter board interconnect - anyone know what the man

To: <wb0gaz@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK550 ALO/Meter board interconnect - anyone know what the manufacturer or part/type of the two 6-pin nylon connectors that mate with J1/J2 on the ALO/Meter board?
From: gudguyham--- via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 22:26:35 +0000 (UTC)
Dave, the ALO boards on these amps are for the most part worthless.  They don’t
trip on the important factors anyway.  When they go bad I usually just bypass
them.  Not worth the effort to repair them unless it’s something obvious.  The
LK550 HD as 3 3-500 tubes.  As long as your meters are working properly you
don’t need any trip circuits.  With the LK800 amps the ALO board has a timer on
it to hold off RF until the cathodes warm up, there it’s a must!  But even
still I don’t believe it trips on grid overload.  If you are concerned about
real protection most tubes benefit from a simple grid trip circuit which is a
lot less complicated than the ALO board.  Some ALO boards do have grid shunt
series resistors that will occasionally open up with tube arcs.  They usually
can be seen as bad when inspected closely.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 5:29 PM, wb0gaz via Amps <amps@contesting.com>