Re: [Amps] DRAKE L-4 AMP - 'rewiring the ON/OFF switch"

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DRAKE L-4 AMP - 'rewiring the ON/OFF switch"
From: A Lawrence Fibich <lfibich@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 02:02:35 +0000 (UTC)
Might be a bit hard to explain - so if you have/know this unit perhaps can talk
off line?  I am rewiring the ON/OFF switch so the 220VAC doesn't go through the
switch. Using an AC relay (output/control side) - to Switch/connect the power
lines previously mounted to the ON/OFF switch. Then the ON/OFF switch is now
used to 'turn on' the relay - power to the relay - comes from the Filament
circuit via the ON/OFF switch to one side of the input/control on the AC relay
- and the other terminal on the input of the AC relay is then
grounded.Something just doesn't 'feel right' in having the one side 'grounded'
- and asking/wondering if a problem. Another thought is ? if I should use a
resistor of some value to decrease the voltage in this circuit going to the
chassis ground? Thoughts and experience doing this on this unit is
appreciated.73Larry F.W6EFLFibich@sbcglobal.net