Re: [Amps] Alpha 91b problem

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 91b problem
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 07:09:03 +0800
Likewise here Rob.

For my friend's amp, before he decided to bite the bullet and buy a new transformer, I had two toroidal transformers custom wound. Each had a HV winding and the the other voltages were split over the two transformers. The combined result being a much more substantial transformer, built for 50Hz operation. Another friend has a sheetmetal shop, so I had him fabricate the box. The connectors were removed from the busted transformer and so we had a plug in outboard transformer box ready to rock and roll.

I still have the whole kit here. It will probably never get used as I'm very unlikely to ever build a tetrode amp.

73, Alek, VK6APK