Re: [Amps] B&W PT2500

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] B&W PT2500
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 09:25:57 -0400

The PT2500 is (I think) 2 x 3-500Z.  The gain is already marginal
if trying to reach 1500W out with 100W drive.  Now, if one were
working with ceramic/metal tubes or solid state devices that reach
1500 W (or their 1 dB compression point) at 30W (as many do), a
2 or 3 dB attenuator is a very good idea for many reasons.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV