Re: [Amps] Triode Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Triode Amps
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 12:29:45 -0600
I'm glad my amp has only *one* of these: https://mfjenterprises.com/collections/ameritron/products/383-1200-z7-2 at $3499 a shot, except that mine uses the earlier -A7 version which is even more expensive and nearly impossible to find. Fortunately, years ago a friend found a good pull for me at a hamfest for $400, so I'm set.

The 3-500Z is an excellent tube, but 1500 W isn't reasonably available out of a pair, even at increased plate voltage.

Kim N5OP

.