Re: [Amps] Verify "Q"

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Verify "Q"
From: Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:43:25 +0300
You have to leave the plates connected, because the output capacitance of the tubes is a significant part of the tank circuit.

The ARRL handbook talks about Q from 10 to 15. It is determined by the l/c ratio and the plate impedance of the tube. I don't think you can directly measure it because it is a property of the circuit when it is operating under load (it is not the same as the Q of the individual components).

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
CWops #5