Re: [Amps] Hole punches

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hole punches
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 18:27:44 -0700
I collected a set many years ago, and still use one (or loan one) once in a while. They're an excellent tool for large holes, especially if you don't own a drill press, which I don't.

The only time I saw hole punches used, was around 1991, when I helped a fellow in HVAC over a summer. He had a Greenlee set. He'd drill a pilot hole, then use the punch, which cut out a piece of metal in the shape of a Pringles potato chip, and bent the cabinets and panels. I thought the idea was nice, but could do as much damage with a sharp chisel, and hammer, so wrote off punches at that time. Seeing that the design never changed, I've them little thought over the years.

Kurt