Re: [Amps] 572B/T160L tube class C

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Aleksandar Petkovic" <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572B/T160L tube class C
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:57:14 -0400
Those spec sheets have been around for decades BUT:

Has anyone ever seen an O'Malley?

The Svetlana was not a true 572B clone, the anode was smaller and the plate dissipation lower. It did not work well in some amps due to instability, not a problem if you knew how to tame them. I ran pairs in several SB-200 6M conversions with no problems at 600W. Pulled off the market years ago as well as their make believe 811A which was a relabled Ryazan G-811 (their logo still visible under the new paint) which dates back to WW2 when a B-29 crash landed in the Far East after bombing Jap locations. They copied the plane as a TU-4, the ART-13 TX which used 811 modulators and seriously updated versions are still flying aka the "Bear" nuclear capable heavy bomber.

Carl

Message ----- From: "Aleksandar Petkovic" <vk6apk@bigpond.com>