Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Power Supply Question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Power Supply Question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 11:53:54 -0700
On 5/6/2021 6:56 AM, Steve London wrote:
If I correctly understand what you are saying, this is exactly what the Alpha 76 and my old B&W PT-2500A have done. They have dual 120 volts primaries that they put in series for 240 operation. 120 volts for the blower is derived from one side of a 120 primary and the "center tap" between the two 120 volt primaries.

That is what K4XU did with his design for TenTec's first big amp, the 425 Titan, designed around 1978-9. It is a proper solution for running a 120V load from a 240V system.

73, Jim K9YC