Re: [Amps] Need some amplifier advice

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need some amplifier advice
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 10:59:11 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>; <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 1:34 AM

<Id suggest 3B28's in placeof 866A's however, a direct swap.

<Carl

## are 3b28 and 866s still available ? How long will the filaments in them last ?

Forever for 3B28's has been my experience so far and they are readily available nor do they flash over like 866A's.

I only have experience with 816s and 866s... mid 70s era. Worked good at the time.

## Then I discovered 1N5408s. Then 6A10s. 10A10s and 10A07s are both 10 A rated.
The  10A07 is  600A  surge rated.

## IF the tube rectifiers are still available, and plentiful... go for it. And if sources eventually dry up,
then a swap to  SS  rectifiers is  straightforward.

Jim   VE7RF

Direct SS plug in replacements are still everywhere as so many were produced for broadcast, military, and other electronics as the 1N2367 and a few other numbers. I used a pair a few years ago in a Bauer 707 BC TX I maintain.

Carl

---
https://www.avg.com