[Amps] Need some amplifier advice

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Need some amplifier advice
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 09:45:07 -0700
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 01:48:47 +0000 (UTC)
From: Joe Herdler <joe.herdler@yahoo.com>
To: amps@contesting.com

<Hi All,
<I am looking either for plans for an 80 meter mono-band amplifier optimized
for the RTTY portion of the band or an actual amplifier itself. I want an all
tube amplifier, including the power supply. I want no solid state components at
all in this amp. I would like <it to be very "overbuilt" so that when I run it
at 500 watts RF power, it is just idling. Of course, this is for RTTY, so it
would be continuous duty at 500 Watts. I do not want to operate any higher than
about 5oo watts.
<I would like full metering. It does not need to be rack mounted, but I do want
a rugged chassis, and excessive ventilation to keep the tubes safe and so that
those tubes last a long time. I do want it to be fully enclosed to keep four
and two legged children safe <from the lethal voltages.

<Any ideas or locations for plans would be greatly appreciated.?

<Thank you so much!
<73,
<Joe Herdler KB0TXC

##  why mess  with tube rectifiers ??   That implies using a   full  wave
center tap config....  which is a dead loss  imo.
Then  u would also require the mating fil xfmr for the tube rectifiers... which
has the  B+  coming out of the  CT of the fil xfmr.
Its  not  1956  anymore.   You cant  blow up   6A10  diodes, nor  10A10.... or
10A07s.

Jim   VE7RF