Re: [Amps] SSR in amp PS not working as expected

To: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SSR in amp PS not working as expected
From: Ulf Tjerneld <ulf@sm0nor.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 19:33:07 +0100
Oh… din’t know Paul was SK. I bought a few tuned input boards from him a few
years ago. Great guy, great build. I’ll take a look in his gallery and see if
there are any comments. I know he proposes SSR in his control board, but no
reference to what types he uses.
K8RA also uses SSR:s in his handbook-build. But they are random fire. That
might Work better…

< I don't like solid state relays for this reason and others in this
application. I still use sealed 20 or 25 amp relays. Never had a failure
yet.>

I’ll probably end up there too. Now I just want to dig to the bottom of the
challenge and learn something on the way.

/ulf

Sent from Mail for Windows 10