Re: [Amps] Pole pigs removed from oil ??

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pole pigs removed from oil ??
From: Roger Halstead <k8ri@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 06:07:59 -0500
It was a good gravel road past our place. The county must have used the roads as a disposal pit. They used brine and sometimes a mix.  We were only about 5 to 6 miles from the edge of a shallow oil field to the N and about 10 miles to the E of a refinery. By the end of summer that road was like concrete with potholes. It took some heavy equipment to recondition those roads We'd get snowstorm that would leave enough that it'd take two plows to open the road.  They'd use two "V" plows with one pushing the other.  "Usually" the back plow could pull the front one out.  It might take 5 or 6 tries to get past our place.

More than once the school bus was caught in a surprise snow storm. The senior boys would pile out and between digging and pushing would free the bus.  We were farm kids and that was nothing out of the ordinary.  They'd crucify today's buss drivers who did that.

BTW, I'm not receiving any posts from contesting dot com since I changed my address to k8ri dot net because of the colorful spam. The addresses work, they just don't receive any news groups. The site says my address changed for all the sites, but I'm still not receiving anything and I can't find a way to contact them. Moderators haven't been able to do anything.

73, Roger (K8RI)