Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears’ Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears’ Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 05:13:33 -0500
I'd have to check, but I think my DX-2sp is closer to 20 db. With the FTDX5000 which runs 200 watts out, I just back off the power to keep it happy and the signal clean at 1500 out.

It's a manual tune amp with the ability to go 2500 PEP, but loafs along at 1500 out with a very clean signal, plus it has the overhead to run the legal limit, any mode.

My 3 other transceivers are 100 W out, but I've noticed that the top end rigs are moving toward 200 W out.

I see no problem with doing away with the 15 db gain limit. I do have a 4CX 3000, as well as a couple of Triodes "with handles" and a bunch of FU728Fs and 4CX1500s. There's also 3 3CX800s I've kinda thought 1 or 2 would go in the 76A. I was building up some amps until I lost the use of my left hand, but it's slowly coming back. I haven't given up hope on the projects yet.

73

Roger (K8RI)