[Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help
From: "Michelle" <michelle_melt@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:58:37 -0500
Jim,

## I would not run the L4B with oem zero bias either. The resulting idle current is way too high. 220-230 ma. You can knock the idle current down to 100 ma, when on high B+ position, with just 8 x diodes in the CT. Which will also result in 40 ma when on low B+ position. And nobody will complain about IMD in either
position.

I am using the "self" cut off bias which gives 100 ma idle current<<

## She now has a 6M monoband amp, with everything optimized for 6m. I would check the slug if a bird or CD wattmeter used. Dont trust the drake internal wattmeter..esp on 6m.

I will check the Bird and the slug. I never trust the internal wattmeter.

Michelle