Re: [Amps] Best source for Gigavac GH-1 ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Best source for Gigavac GH-1 ?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 08:43:39 -0800
On 11/10/2013 4:36 AM, Paul Christensen wrote:
Using so-called "controlled PTT" on CW may be a reasonable compromise between full QSK and semi-BK-in.

I'm using K3s, which generate the PTT for the power amp. Delay for relay pull-in and hang time are adjustable via menu. Before K3s, I did the same with FT1000MPs, although five years later, I don't recall if hang time is adjustable in them.

The Titan 425 uses discrete transistor circuitry to sense that the relay has pulled in, will not allow TX until it has, and will not allow the relay to drop until RF has dropped. It is, for example, not possible to interrupt TX by opening the PTT line if RF drive is present.

73, Jim K9YC