Re: [Amps] Oscilloscope Purchase

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Oscilloscope Purchase
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:59:46 -0700
Be aware that the 465 and 465B are very different scopes. They share the
same root number and nearly identical specs but the B version is
electrically much improved. It has an better trigger system and is much
easier to calibrate the bandpass flatness. The 465 was very difficult to
get it to 100 MHz whereas the 465B made 100 MHz easily and most units
would reach 125 MHz and more.

The 465 is a good scope, but if you have a choice, go for the B version.

As mentioned in the original email, the 24xx series are excellent too,
with lots of bells and whistles the 465 series does not have such as
on-screen parameter display.

As a side note, there never was an "A" version. Engineering started on
it but decided to do a major revamp and went directly to the "B".

Ah, the memories. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT
retired Tektronix production manager, portable scopes division