[Amps] AL-82 question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-82 question
From: "David J Windisch" <davidjw@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 14:22:52 -0500
Happy New Year, all:

On a 7- or 8-year-old AL-82 I just tested, I noticed that, with the amp's relay
pulled in, but no drive applied, the grid-current meter showed 50-70mA upscale,
all bands, and zero with the relay de-energized.  There was no r-f output.

With drive applied, it has full output on 160-10M, with normal grid (upscale)
and plate currents.

The resting plate current responded properly to the c-w/ssb switch setting.

The manual says nothing about "resting" grid current, only resting plate
current.

Anyone out there have any ideas about what's going on?

Tia and brgds,

Dave, W8FGX