Re: [Amps] grounding grids

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] grounding grids
From: "Bill W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:53:02 -0600
So there seems to be some difference of opinion as to whether the Heath SB-220
grid-grounding implementation actually suipplies negative feedback or not,
actually reduces IMD components in the output or not.

We all want to transmit the cleanest possible signal. At the end of the day,
those of us who have SB-220s need to decide whether to remove the Heath
circuitry and ground the grids directly with short heavy conductors, or leave
it
alone. In the absence of incontrovertible engineering evidence (i.e., showing
the math), perhaps somebody with an SB-220 and a spectrum analyzer needs to do
an IMD profile using each grid circuit and SEE which one produces the cleaner
output.

Bill W5WVO